Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Menu for the month

Before my husband and I got married we/I would cook our lunch for the week (5 meals) - on Sundays when we typically met up and ate our dinners in our own abodes. For me this meant eating steamed broccoli and edamame or a quick sandwich based on time, interest and energy levels. I was never big on having big dinners and have always liked to sleep on a light stomach. So this plan worked fine for me while I was single.
Now that we are married I would like for us to not cook for 5 meals in one go, but would rather eat something different every day- atleast for one meal. Given our schedules, commutes and energy levels however, I find that this is easier said than done, even with a good plan (I always brag about my planning skills) that we try to come up with over the weekend. Last week however worked out great. It was a short week too (Monday being Labor day). But I think this was also due to some good advance planning on our behalf.
So why am I sharing this with all of you? This is because I would like to share some of my quick recipes with you and ask you for your tips/recipes in turn. So here starts my list :
1. Home made wheat bread- This is really easy to make with some atta, yeast and molasses. I made the dough over the weekend and baked the bread in small proportions during the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home