Friday, March 28, 2008

My nemesis has arrived

Yesterday I made Dosas for dinner. Why, because hubby dear loves them, and so do I. Gattu loves them too. She would rather eat them than her regular khichdi. So I gave her one to eat before she ate her khichdi and she lapped it up. She usually eats before we do, but we weren't sure if she was done by the time we sat down to eat, or if she would eat another dosa with us. So I pulled up the high chair between us so she she could eat some more if she wanted to.
btw, she loves to watch me cook, so I had set the high chair across from where I was making the dosas so she could watch me make them (she watched and watched and had no interest in moving away or scooting away).
Coming back to our dinner, sure enough she wanted some more dosa, so hubby started giving her small pieces from his plate (he had about 8 in his plate). She ate for a while and then was done, so as usual she started tossing the pieces onto the floor. And I with my OCD started scrambling to pick them up. I picked up the 2 pieces that she had thrown on the floor, and then started eating my own dosas.
Gattu then started to throw some more scraps on the floor, and I swung to catch them before they fell down. She starts giggling and puts that piece promptly into her mouth. Turns out she was just kidding, she only meant for me to scramble and watch my reaction and have a good laugh at my expense.
Needless to say we were charmed and giggled ourselves at her wit and her sense of humor.
This girl is going to give me a run for my money I tell ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home